Foot care is one of the major concerns for a diabetic patient. Sometimes, a simple foot issue may lead to major complications like non-healing foot ulcers that require long-term treatment. In many cases, patients need to be hospitalized for proper wound management. For diabetic patients, it is crucial to keep emphasizing on foot care as improper care or little bit avoidance can cause lots of foot problems including foot ulcers, corns, calluses, amputations, and much more.
EXPLORE SOME DIABETIC FOOT CARE TIPS THAT YOU CAN FOLLOW TO KEEP YOUR FEET HEALTHY:
- Daily wash your feet with lukewarm water and mild soap
- Check your feet every day for corns, blisters, ulcers, or any injury
- Apply anti-fungal powder to prevent infection
- Use diabetic socks, which supports circulation of your feet
- Avoid high heels and wear diabetic shoes, sandals, or sores
- Use well-fitted running or walking shoes while jogging or hiking
- Cut your toenail short and straight across to prevent ingrown toenail
- Exercise daily to enhance the circulation in lower extremities
- Consult a foot doctor at least once per year
- If any foot injury occurs, even a small injury, have it treated ASAP
If you are experiencing any foot issue and looking for foot specialists then do not hesitate to visit our Diabetic Foot Care Clinic. Our team is highly experienced and provides quick, effective, long-term relief from foot and ankle pain.